Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Current Cute Stories

So, on Sunday, Adam gave a talk in church.  He started out by saying "For those of you who don't know me, I'm Adam Beck.  For those of you who DO know me, it's now Bob.  Got it?  BOB!" 
 Paul and I just laughed, as did many in the congregation.  And so far, many people have been calling him Bob.  It so cracks me up.  A little funny add-on.  We had a visiting high council speaker that day.  He's German, and didn't quite understand the joke, because in his talk, he mentioned a "Robert Beck" that he used to know, and turned around to ask Paul (who was sitting on the stand), if we had named "Bob" (AKA=Adam) after a relative named Robert Beck who had lived in Germany.  Paul just smiled and said not that he knows of.  Too funny

Another cute moment:  The other day, Angela was watching "Elmo in Grouchland" and while sitting on the couch, suddenly started crying and became very upset.  Upon investigating, I discovered that she was upset because Elmo's blankey was flying away from him, and he couldn't catch it.  The idea of losing a blankey was just too much, ESPECIALLY when it was happening to Elmo (she LOVES Elmo). 

This morning, I was showing Isaac a picture of the girls and I.  He kind of just shrugged his shoulders, and I said "Don't you think it's a nice picture?"  To which he responded:  "Yeah, it's nice.  But I'm not in it, so it's not TOO nice" .  Ha ha.  Seriously, I so love these kids that make me laugh all the time.

Last week, I was talking to the kids about the different kinds of kisses.  It's kind of a joke I learned many many years ago about the "peach" "pear" "Plum" and "alfalfa".  Paul says, "Let ME try".  He puts his lips right in front of mine, and then, very loudly says "PEACH!"  I laughed so hard, I almost fell over.  He made the kids and I laugh even more, when he said right after "Yup.  I just don't get it."   There are so many reasons I love this man.  The fact that he makes me laugh so much, is one of the big ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment