Friday, February 26, 2010

Reason for privacy

So, I'm sure I don't need to explain why I decided to make my blog private, but decided to tell you all anyways.
I should have been doing it from the beginning, but I'm not so great with technology and have been trying to figure this whole thing out. For security reasons, it's really a good idea too. We get lectured quite a bit about OP-SEC (operation security). It's a little "conspiracy theory", but also makes sense. And after all, we ARE living in a foreign country. I also try not to use my kids names, because I really don't want all their info out there.

But, I have a story to share, that I find quite entertaining, but really made me want to make sure some shared information was private.
So, hopefully, this will make you laugh.
I love facebook, and I love sharing little details. But I also have some "friends" on facebook, that I don't neccessarily want them to know too much personal info about me. BUT, it would be awkward to "un-friend" them, because they would notice. (And I see them regularly)
The other day I made a comment on my "status" that I finally got some of my lemon stuff up in my kitchen. (Not too personal, right?)
Well, one of these "facebook friends" stopped by my house two hours later to come see it!!! "I'm here to see your lemon kitchen!!" (Unannounced , of course).

I'm still unpacking, and the house was a mess, and I said so, (kind of as a tactful way of saying "no thanks") She just walked on in, and said "That's okay."
Who does that?!?!? I laughed about it later. Paul was completely baffled by it. But I'm afraid to post things because of her. I barely know this person and she talks to me like we are life-long friends, because she reads my info and knows stuff now. I'm sure she's a nice enough person. It just is a little much for me.

SO, though the story is entertaining, I would really rather share stuff with just the people I want to. (I'm stubborn like that). And if you are reading this, YOU'RE SPECIAL!!!!
Well, have a most wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment