Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6, 2010

It is currently snowing AGAIN, and I think it's beautiful! The kids are currently outside my back window sledding and having a blast. (I just hope Paul is staying warm on his Oh-so-long "camping" trip with Uncle Sam. :-)

This morning I went to Erlangen ( a town kind of close to Nuremberg: about 70-80 minutes away) for a stake relief society meeting. I and another sister from my ward were providing the music. It was fun to do (organ/ piano duet and I accompanied her singing) and the conferece was neat to experience. The other sister was also kind enough to loan me her teenager to watch my kids at home. :-) It was about half and half german and english sisters at the meeting, so translaters were neccessary the whole conference. I love hearing hymns sung at the same time in two different languages.

I keep thinking about how different it may have been here 70 years ago. What a beautiful thing to be united as sisters and members in the gospel.

Paul called SUPER excited yesterday, because he got to do stitches for the first time. He loved that! He also is very much enjoying being around his Sargents and truly respects them. They have been so encouraging and supportive of his higher goals and really help boost Paul's spirits (I'm not worried about an over-enlarged ego, . . .YET. :-) T I LOVE THAT others are seeing the potential in my husband that I have seen for many many years.

I'm feeling braver about getting out in the "economy" (german towns), and even went shopping by myself this week. (It's a big step okay). I still know very little german, but will get better.

I also got registered for my spring classes yesterday and I'm actually excited to start up again. I have a math class. I haven't taken one of those in over 15 years! Good news is it's the only one I need. I'm hoping for the best. (Wish me luck)

I also start teaching music lessons here this week. It's kind of nice getting back into my crazy schedule. Though, after having something going on EVERY night this week, I started wondering WHY I had missed it :-)

The kids are having "Red Hot Readers Month" this month at school, which means LOTS of fun activities. I've got to be a guest reader and it's been quite fun. There is a huge map of the U.S. in the school lobby for all the readers to put their name on their home state. I have been the only one from Idaho all week! (GO IDAHO!) The school is great and the kids are still enjoying it.
Life is good though. I miss family a LOT! So many times I wish I could make our families all come over and eat sweets with me! :-) We'll have to schedule that for later. In the meantime, I am meeting some wonderful people.
I can't complain. I have a great family. A roof over my head. Food on my table. And many wonderful days. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment