Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I really need to post these more. . .

My kids are hilarious.  They are constantly cracking me up, and they make me laugh.  This is a good thing.  I'm an easily amused person, as it is.  But, I'll admit it, having six kids can be draining sometimes, especially with a husband that is CONSTANTLY gone due to military commitments.  However, I do believe there is way more good in my large brood than bad, and I adore them so much.  SO here are some current gems.

**On Mothers Day this year, Paul was gone for training (for the 4th time in the last 5 years over Mothers Day), but my kids still wanted to make it special for me.  I awoke to smoke detectors going off in the house.  Sure enough, I go downstairs, and the kitchen is filled with smoke, and red-faced VERY apologetic kids that kept pleading "We're SOOO sorry" "We were trying to surprise you!"  "We didn't want to wake you".  I started laughing.  Yes, they had scorched two of my pans with oil, BUT they not only were trying to make me breakfast in bed, but had decided that crepes were the way to go.  ha ha.  Crepes are not known for being easy.  And even though, I like to think I have trained them pretty well in the kitchen, I do not think they are up to the complexity of crepes just yet.  So, I offered to make them.  But then they PLEADED with me to PLEASE go get back in bed so they could still bring me breakfast in bed.  Again, I laughed.  But I did what I was told.  However, there was a small crash, along with a disappointed sigh outside of my door as I heard "oh no.  Now we spilled milk all over the carpet."   Again, I laughed.  The truth is, I can't remember the last time anyone tried to bring me breakfast in bed, and I found it extremely sweet.  My 14 year old Adam ran the show, and was so red in the face with embarrassment.  I just hugged him tightly, continued to laugh, and told him that I like the story of what really happened WAY better than if it had all gone right.  A VERY memorable Mothers Day.  Love it!

**That evening, My little Miss Natalee brought me some homemade coupons for a Mothers Day gift.  It had little tasks like "I will fold the laundry for a week", or "I will wash the big dishes for a week."  When I read the "I will keep my room clean for two weeks," I became very excited and said "I'll cash in on that RIGHT now."  To which she replied with a very straight face "that will be a $5. surcharge.".  SO funny!  These kids crack me up.

**On another day, my baby girl, Miss Angela came waltzing into my room as I was getting ready for the day.  She took one look at me and exclaimed "MOM!  I Like your BODY!"  I laughed so hard, while adding in "well, I guess that makes one of us.".  A few minutes later as I continued to get ready, she sat looking at me and said, rather reflectively "Mom?  Your butt is beautiful."  Sure that I misheard her, I said "what did you say?"  To which she replied "Your butt.  It's beautiful."  Much more laughter ensued.  She could be VERY good for my self esteem!  If only all people thought like 2 year olds. . . . on second thought, that's probably NOT a good idea.  ha ha

**One Saturday night  I was out late, and a friend of mine gave me a manicure.  The next day, while sitting next to Adam, I showed him my nails and said "look!  They're pink!"  To which he replied with a twinkle in his eye,  "No, they're HOT pink. . . . just like my mom!"  Ha ha.  What a goofy schmoozer.  Made me laugh though.

**Then there's my Breanna.  A girl who bleeds confidence.  I honestly wish I would have had her kind of confidence growing up.  She is amazing.  She is very sure of who she is.  She knows of her talents and abilities, and even more admirable, she knows where she lacks and will laugh with us as we tease her about them (such as her lack of dancing abilities, and her cartwheels.  SO FUNNY!).  She loves to tell Paul and I exactly what she is thinking too.  So the other day, she was commenting about getting straight A's (which I don't think she has EVER gotten below an A), and said "You know mom, in my last school, I was KNOWN for my smartness."  The phrase made me laugh, and she caught it as she said it, but it was too late.  It had been said, and now she will be teased for years and years to come.  Thank goodness she laughs more than anyone else I know.

**Isaac is always up to no good.  He has a twinkle in his eye, and LOVES to tease.  He sits on the edge of his seat just waiting for any of us to mess up our words (which happens quite frequently), but especially his Mom and Dad.  Watch out for this one though, cause he's a charmer.  All he has to do is flash those dimples and there's no way you can be annoyed.

** And now, we are on to Timmy.  What a ham.  His expressions are the best.  My mind is blanking on any recent stories, but let's just say, that boy has a lot of energy.  And one of my favorite things is how every morning when I dropped him off at school, he would crawl over the seats to come give me a hug, JUMP out of the car, then twirl around so he could wave bye to me again.  Then he would literally bounce into the school.  Oh, I love my "sunshine".

No comments:

Post a Comment