Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Soldier comes home. . .


It is AMAZING what happens in a year!
Many good things have happened.

In May, PAUL CAME HOME! (Let's blame my lack of posting on the blog to spending time with him and the kids instead ;-)

I've had many times in my life that were filled with utmost joy and happiness that I thought I would burst. . . This is right at the top of that list. I can't quite say it was the happiest day of my life, but Pretty sure it is tied for that position (along with my wedding day and the births of all six of my children).
I was so nervous the day of and the day before he got home. I had butterflies, and could hardly eat. Funny enough, as I think about it, I get teary eyed. . . It is truly a magical amazing moment. To be separated from the love of your life, your best friend, your helpmeet, your spouse for a YEAR, is crazy! To reunite, is indescribable. I just couldn't stop smiling.
There's a song "I could not ask for more" that kept reeling through my head, because I found the lyrics SO appropriate to my feelings in that moment when I finally held him in my arms again. "These are the moments, I thank God that I'm alive. These are the moments I'll remember ALL my life. I've found ALL I've WAITED for, and I could not ask for more. I could not ask for more than this time together, I could not ask for more than this time with you. Every PRAYER has BEEN ANSWERED, every wish I had's come true. . . "
I just saw a picture today, and it put me right back in that moment. It seriously brings me tears of joy.
I can't help but think of our Father in Heaven and the reunions that are constantly taking place above us. Going through a deployment separation REALLY helped me see the heavenly perspective that is there. When we talk about the joyous reunions that must be taking place when someone we love passes on, I can visualize even MORE what that must be like! and WOW! Reunions full of LOVE are amazing.
I can't believe it's already been five months since he came home! WoW! It's flown by. I am hoping and praying it continues to go that fast for my dear friends who are experiencing deployments right now. I look forward to the tears I will shed on their behalf when they are reunited again. Oh what joy! I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment