Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Scoopy!


So, today I'm going to tell you a little bit about my boy, Isaac. When he was a tiny baby, his Dad nicknamed him Scoopy. (We don't know why. He doesn't even know. He just did). Well anyways, it stuck. And that's what his family calls him sometimes.
He has one of my very very favorite smiles EVER. His dimples just melt me. He has this mischievous spirit about him. Sometimes, it makes me want to pull my hair out, but sometimes I just adore it, and it makes me laugh.
He has such a soft spot in his heart for little ones, and puppies. He can hardly stand to NOT pick up his baby sister if she is anywhere near him. He just loves to hold and cuddle her. He loves to go up to our dog and just pet and nuzzle him. He's a tender hearted boy.
He has such a great sense of humor, and will catch me off guard so many times with his little quips, and jokes.
He is really enjoying soccer and spends many recesses playing soccer with his sister, and any other kids that want to join in.
The boy has a mind for Math, and is so quick with it.
You can almost see the cogs a turning when you give him a math problem, and he spits the answer right back out.
He's actually won highest GPA awards in it, and has been making the honor roll, since he was old enough to.
One of the things that really is a skill, but drives his parents crazy sometimes: his listening skills.
There are so many times, we'll be trying to talk to the kids, and he will obviously be distracted by something else at that moment. So we get annoyed and say "Isaac! Repeat what I just said." and wouldn't you know it! That little stinker will recite almost the entire comment we had just made, almost verbatim! It makes us smirk when he does too.
He has taken an interest in "creature creating" lately, and enjoys just doodling new ideas. The boy just really makes me smile, and I like him a whole lot.
He tries so hard to be a good boy (but you can sometimes see the inner struggle he has with it. He just REALLY wants to eat that candy bar on the counter sometimes, that mom told him not to. ha ha)
OH, and newest development, is that there are some girls that have crushes on him (word gets around). I knew it was only a matter of time with his wit, and those dimples (and brains to boot!) Breanna just gives a funny look and says "They have a crush on him? That's WEIRD!" ha ha. It's weird that he's growing up so much. (Almost 11 years now! WOW!)
Just thinking about him, makes me smile SOOOOO much. I'm so glad we have a Scoopy. What a great kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment