Monday, November 21, 2011

A month full of Thankfuls

So this month, I took on the challenge of posting everyday about something I am thankful for. I made my daily post on Facebook, and really enjoyed doing it. (Keep in mind, these are not done in order of imporance and MOST thankful. I just listed them randomly, and daily events helped inspire some).





1- Today, I am thankful for "Halloween candy tax" which allows me to eat some of my children's spoils from the previous evening.





2- Today I am thankful that I got my internet back (after having no connection for two days)-and for technology in general!





3- I am SOOOOO thankful for my little girl, who turned 8 yesterday. She adds so much "N-attitude" to our home, and has so much spunk. Happy Birthday Nat Nat!





4- Today I am thankful for my amazing children. ALL of them. They make me so happy and remind me how truly blessed I am. I especially like days like today, when there is no school, and they get to spend the day with me. . . . aaahhh .. . . .Life is good.






5- Today I am thankful for sports, like soccer, that teach my kids what it means to play as a team, and the bonus, is it's so much fun for them and for us to watch! I LOVE IT! What a great Saturday. . .





5 1/2 (:-) ) So thankful for the special evening we had tonight at my Natty's baptism. I'm so proud of her! And so thankful for the special friends that came out to support her, when our dear families could not be here.





6- Today I am soooooo thankful for my amazing Husband! This is the first year in quite a few that he has been around us this time of year, and I am SOOOO glad! He is my hero, my best friend, and my true love! I love Paul!





7- Today, I am thankful for my AMAZING Mama, and Papa! They LITERALLY are the reason I am the way I am (quirks and all. ha ha). They are always an incredible support, and I miss them terribly. I love my Mom and Dad!





8- Today I am thankful for my Little Sister, Rachel Lindsay! We share things like: the same goofy laugh, the same warped sense of humor, the same parental units, the same level of AWESOMENESS (:-) ), and are sooo very very different in so many other ways (But she really DOES try to help me look more stylish). I can't imagine my life without her!





9- Today I'm thankful for ALL the sisters I have gained through marriage (theirs, and mine :-) Krista, Alissa, Jamie, Carolyn, Julie, Kali, and Lindsay ). I always wanted to know what it was like to have lots of sisters, and now, I just wish I could see them A LOT more frequently than I do. They're all wonderful ladies, and I miss them. Love you, ladies!





10- Today I am thankful for all the amazing brothers I have! Every girl out there (and boy, for that matter), deserves to have a brother. They irritate me at times (but they do this on purpose. ha ha), but I truly adore them, and look up to each one. I Love all my brothers! (@Jared, Josh, Aaron, Shawn Beck, Jared, Jason, Tom, Corban, Christopher, @AndJacob)





11- TODAY I am thankful For ALL veterans, past, present, and the sacrifices they make and have made for all of us! I'm especially thankful for the veteran that I get to kiss goodnight tonight, and am very mindful of those friends of ours in harms way right now. We always pray for you. Happy Veterans Day.





12- Today, I am thankful for my mother and father-in-law, Bonnie and Dave Beck. They are incredible people, and did such a beautiful job raising their kids (I'm super partial to one, in particular ;-). They have always shown such love and support, and humor me, even when they don't quite get my humor. (ha ha). They're amazing and have taught me SOOO many things. I miss them and love them!





13- Today I am thankful for a most beautiful primary program, and the lovely children that participated in it. Such wonderful testimonies and songs were shared. What a Wonderful day!






14- Today I am thankful for dear friends, near and far. I have been so blessed to have so very many amazing friends in my life. They have helped pull me through so many bumps and curves along the way. It's always hard to part (when we move, or they move), BUT a sad goodbye is indirectly a blessing in disguise, because it means you care for someone THAT much! and THAT is a beautiful thing :-)






15- Today I am thankful for dirty dishes. . . (or trying to be, anyways). It means we have been blessed with many mouths to feed, and we eat well. . . or at least that's what I'm going to say it means. . . . now if I could muster up the strength to be thankful for dirty laundry and dirty floors. . . ha ha.





16- Today, I am thankful for the wonderful teachers out there that help enrich my children's lives, further their education, and challenge them to aim higher. It also helps when they adore my kids and tell me so, too. :-)





17- Today I am thankful for hot showers, cozy sweaters, soft warm blankets and comfortable beds. . .. all of which make cold days and cold nights a lot more enjoyable






18- Today I am thankful for Fridays, and all the wonderful things it means: Pizza night, Movie night, nearing end of homework for the week, more time with kids and hubby, etc. TGIF





19- Today I am thankful to get to experience living in an awesome place like Europe, where visiting fun places is ALWAYS an option!






20- Today I am thankful for the freedom of religion and being able to worship how, where and what I want. I am thankful for my Savior and his sacrifice for all of us.






21- Today I am thankful for music. I love being able to sit at my piano, and play. I love that all my piano teachers hair pulling moments with me did NOT go in vain. Singing, playing instruments, or just listening to it, music is a part of me, and I LOVE it!

22- Today, I am thankful for food, and the joy of cooking and baking. I LOVE to make yumminess for my family (as my waistline will confirm :-), and am so thankful for all the wonderful foods and flavors we have to enjoy.





23- Today am thankful that my husband has a job that provides for our needs, (A roof over our head, food on the table, a safe environment to live in, etc.), and even some of our wants. . . . . It's not perfect, but I am thankful nonetheless. . . and even more thankful for that man of mine who works his tail off to provide for us.





24- (Thanksgiving Day) TODAY: I am thankful for so very very much. I've been listing one every day, but feel the need to list my top fave thankfuls today: MY amazing hubby, my wonderful children, my entire family, the gospel, friends, music, and LAUGHTER! Oh, how I love to laugh and smile, and the aforementioned things all make me do JUST that! Happy Turkey Day EVERYONE!





25- Today I am thankful for the beautiful scenery around me. THe trees, the rooftops, the sky, the hills. . . . . .I love God's artwork. . . .. .





26- Today I am thankful for four day weekends that my whole family gets to spend together. I love family time :-)





27- Today I am thankful for the joy of the holidays and the wonderful traditions that come with it: Warm wassail always readily available, watching tons and tons of Christmas movies, visiting Christmas markets (or looking at Christmas lights), helping the kids make their Christmas gifts for each other, setting out my Nativities (and keeping a lookout for the next addition to my ever growing collection). I Love the Season, and the REASON for the Season!









28: Today I am thankful for education, and the opportunity I have to further my own education. I really do love to learn. And I'm extra grateful for being able to finish my degree online, so that I can still be an at-home wife and mom for my hubby and kids.









29: Today I am thankful for four seasons. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, . . . I love them all. . . . and now anxiously await Winter officially arriving. Bring on the SNOW!









30: Today I am most thankful for so many things to be thankful for! The last 29 days were just the start of my list, and I have so many more things that I didn't even get around to listing. I am so THANKFUL for my life. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment