Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh, Breanna Kay . . .



You know how in many families, the oldest daughter seems to just take over, as the responsible one? And she makes sure things keep running smoothly (or as smooth as possible)? Basically, she becomes Mom's assistant?



Breanna plays this role to a "T." She is my "go to." I cannot believe how responsible this little girl is. Sometimes, I forget that she is only 10! (almost 11, but still). When she was a baby, she was given a blessing. In that blessing, she was told that she would be a "great strength to (her) Mother." OH, how true that is. I can't tell you how many times, I have been running around trying to get things done, and she has just stepped in and started helping where things need done. Her baby sister ADORES her! (and sometimes, Angela prefers Breanna over Dad, and even MOM too).



She is compassionate. She is motivated beyond belief! I laugh about how much "type A" personality she has. If there's a competition to be won, she wants a piece of the pie. She gives her all to everything she does. She was the only student last year in her entire school (of 600+ kids), to get THREE "highest GPA" awards for a specific subject, in a semester. She thrives on that kind of achievement. She loves to play soccer, and is 100% immersed in those games. Wherever the Coach wants her, she jumps right in.



I've been told by her teachers and coaches, that they know if they need something done, they can ask Breanna, and she'll do it with a smile.



We've been fortunate enough to have not dealt with any "girl drama" amongst friends, because basically, most of her best friends are boys. She tells us that Isaac is her best friend. It's just easier to hang out with the boys anyways (they are the ones that want to play soccer and other active things.)



She is quite creative and artistic, and has been known to create elaborate creations out of paper and tape alone.



She LOVES dogs, especially German Shepherds, and is great with our huge mangy mutt, Teancum.


She has a beautiful voice, and is a great helper in the kitchen.


I call her "B.K." sometimes, just because.


She can be just a tad bit bossy sometimes. But it's only becuase she can see things that need done, and thinks everyone else should too, and tries to help them along. Although, not always in the best way. ha ha


She laughs more than ANYONE I know. Everything is hilarious to Breanna. She smiles so very much.


She is such a beautiful young lady, and I can only imagine what is still in store for her.


I am so glad to have my B.K. in my life, and can't imagine HOW I would get by without her next to me helping. What an amazing momma's helper she is. I love my Breanna Kay!

No comments:

Post a Comment